Thursday, December 15, 2011

Winter Break, Warp-Speed Showers & Angry Children.

1. Ethnomusicology/EfNOmusicology/When-the-&*%!-am-I-Ever-Going-to-Use-This-Information-ology (call it what you will) is officially OVER. I took the final, I did my stupid presentation on Bollywood in which I talked about this famous chick named Deepika Somethingorother who is the international spokesperson for Maybelline... and now I am done. This is a wonderful thing. Part of me will miss a FEW things about that class, but, overall, this is good.

2. I am about to take a shower in the theatre building. For those of you who haven't read my previous post, I SLEPT in this building the night before last. The amount of time I spend in here is borderline ridiculous. BUT ... here is the thing: our hot water heater at home is broken.

If you have talked to me for more than 20 minutes, I have probably informed you that having dirty hair is one of my biggest pet peeves. It drives me absolutely insane, and I feel like I might as well just not exist on the planet for the time that my hair is swimming in grease. (I know...gross visual, but accurate. I may be twenty, but my hair thinks I am still eleven.)

So, I like to wash my hair. But every time I get in the shower at home, it's like "oh, here is some hot water while you put shampoo in your hair but OH WAIT NOW IT IS GONE." and my shower turns into a mad dash to get the heck out of there asap.

SO... showers happen at school. This place contains hot water. Problem solved.

EXCEPT OH WAIT: Christmas break begins this evening so I will not be at school anymore. Our water heater will not be fixed until Tuesday. Everyone's excited about this.

3. Fun Fact: This week, I gave a presentation which included hand-made "puppets". I found faces for these puppets by google image searching things such as: "angry girl", "angry boy" and "Flo Progressive Commercial". Yeah. Thanks, Google.


That's all for now...

HAPPY WINTER BREAK!!!!!!!

-Lauren

1 comment:

  1. At least you're not back-packing, bathing out of a snow stream and doing you-know-what behind trees! Toughen up!

    ReplyDelete